Karim Creamery Hispanico ManchegoKarim Creamery
When Manchego-style cheese is made from unpasteurized cow’s milk, it is called Hispanico. It is a recipe popular across the Spanish-speaking world and its relatively mild, somewhat “jack-like ”taste” is good both for eating and cooking. Ours is “curado,” aged 3-6 months.
Our partners at Karim Creamery are cheese making professionals using old world techniques and recipes. Your cheese is hand picked and shipped right from their cheese cave to your door. To ensure the quality of the cheese during delivery, all shipments will go out Monday through Wednesday with 1-2 day delivery.
*We provide free shipping to the following states with a minimum purchase of $100 of Karim Creamery products (CT, D.C., DE IN, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, VA, VT, and WV). If shipping to a different state, you can choose either 2 day air or overnight - shipping charges will be automatically calculated upon checkout. Free shipping is supplier specific and cannot be combined with other suppliers. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly 717.461.7447.
With a house, barn and fields that date from the 1850’s, Karim Farm and Creamery plays an active role in maintaining Vermont’s agricultural traditions. We use organic feeds, natural medicines and practice humane treatment of animals and responsible land stewardship in order to preserve Vermont’s working landscape. We are committed to providing local consumers with affordable, European-style, Artisan cheeses from a working farm in their midst, one they can visit to observe the process first hand.
We use traditional, European "farmhouse methods:
- All milk is produced on the farm
- "Makes" are small batches, made by hand with careful attention to each cheese.
- Cheeses are aged here on the farm in our own "cave" where we can monitor conditions and turn, spray and wash as needed.
- We use organic, vegetable rennet and sea salt
- We age our cheese on farm for 2-10 months with daily attention to turning and finishing
- Our milking cows all have names and come when you call them
- Our cows enjoy rotating through our pastures and shelter in a large open barn when the weather is bad.
- Besides pasture, we feed our cows hay grown on our farm and organic feed milled up the road.
- Our cows are mothers as well as milkers and keep their calves by their sides for at least 2 months.
- We support health naturally: coffee grounds for energy, garlic to ward off illness, vitamin C, probiotics and yeast for digestion. Illnesses are treated with homeopathics and light therapy.