Thistle Hill Farm Tarentaise AlpineThistle Hill Farm
Sold as 8 oz Slices
Thistle Hill Farm's Tarentaise is an aged, raw milk, farmstead organic cheese which is handmade in North Pomfret, Vermont.
Tarentaise is unique to its region as the soil, geography, climate, and flora combine to give it its characteristic smooth, subtle nut flavor and complex finish. Following the traditions of the Savoie region of the French Alps, Tarentaise is made in a copper vat, which is essential to the development of the proper flavor. Thistle Hill also makes their own traditional rennet using the whey from previous cheesemaking.
From its humble beginnings as organic raw milk, to its natural aging and rind development - no preservatives, synthetic flavors, or additives are added to Tarentaise. No herbs hide its flavor; no waxes or plastics simplify the aging process. From the hay that feeds the cows, to the end result, everything is done on Thistle Hill Farm.
- 1st American Cheese Society 2004; 2006
- 2nd American Cheese Society 2003; 2007, 2009, 2010
- 3rd American Cheese Society 2008, 2011, 2012
- 3rd United States Championship Cheese Contest 2003
- Gold, World Jersey Cheese Awards, Jersey, U.K. 2012